Maldives Association of HR Professionals (MAHRP) has hosted its annual general meeting and elected the organisation’s new executive committee.
The annual general meeting was held virtually on Wednesday. Over 70 registered members of MAHRP the took part in the event, which was live streamed via the organisation’s Facebook page.
During the event, MAHRP President Afeef Hussain presented a summary of the organisation’s annual report, covering key milestones from the past year. Some of the achievements highlighted include:
- Maldives’ first National HR Convention and Expo
- Learning and Development Conference
- Virtual Learning and Development Conference
- Professional Speakers Club
- Hosting events with world-renowned thought leaders like Ron Kaufman and Robin Banks
- Linking up the Maldives HR community with regional and global HR platforms like Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Sri Lanka (CIPM) and Asia Pacific Federation of Human Resource Management (APFHRM).
Under MAHRP’s charter, a new executive committee was elected. The newly elected executive committee members, who will serve for two years, are:
- Afeef Hussain – President
- Ahmed Ibrahim – Vice President
- Hawwa Shaheena – Vice President
- Ali Adam – Executive Secretary
- Fathimath Habeeba – Secretary
- Ibrahim Nishan – Treasurer
- Aishath Hussain Mohamed – Executive Committee Member
- Aminath Sudha – Executive Committee Member
- Hussain Shifau – Executive Committee Member
- Zakariyya Easa – Executive Committee Member
- Aminath Adhaala Rasheed – Executive Committee Member
“The last two years have been amazing in terms of leading, challenging our own status quo and driving human capital excellence throughout the nation,” MAHRP President Afeef, who also serves as the Regional Director of Training, Development and Quality Assurance at LUX* Resorts, said.
“Our new term will cover aspects such as developing and growing more leaders, as well as focus on youth engagement and leadership programmes, coaching and mentoring and building a bridge to work together with other professional NGOs in the area of human capital development.”
MAHRP is the first professional association registered in the Maldives, dedicated to human resources and people development.
The association’s mission is to serve the needs of HR professionals by providing the most current and comprehensive resources, and to advance the profession by promoting HR’s essential values, setting professional standards and providing the know-how. It is committed to linking and connecting HR professionals and practitioners locally and oversees through signature events and membership activities.
The association has also organised exclusive training events in Maldives with world’s leading customer experience consultant Ron Kaufman and world-renowned motivational speaker Robin Banks, the first ever National HR Convention and Expo, and the first ever learning and development conference in Maldives.
MAHRP recently partnered with Southern Community Empowerment Association of Maldives (SCEAM) to host a leadership and growth summit in the southernmost Addu city in November.
Some upcoming events of MAHRP include a Virtual Speakers Convention and National HR Convention. MAHRP will also launch its own podcast and Book Reading Club soon.