Dr. T. V. Rao is the Chairman of T V Rao Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. With over 40 years of extensive work in the field of HRD, Dr. T V Rao is often reffered to as the ‘Father of HRD’ in India. Dr. Rao and Dr. Udai Pareek introduced the concept of Human Resources Development in India by starting the first HRD in L&T. Prof. Rao served as a Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad from 1973 to 1994 and thereafter as an Adjunct Professor.
Dr. Rao was the L&T Professor of HRD at XLRI, Jamshedpur from 1983 to 1985. He is the Founder and First President of the National HRD Network, and the First Honorary Director of the Academy of HRD, India. He was also a Visiting Faculty at the Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad and was the HRD Advisor to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Apart from his academic accomplishments Dr Rao has contributed to key nation building initiatives. He was part of the Administrative Reforms Commission to review the personnel management practices for Civil Services.Hewas also a member of the HRM Review Committee (Khandelwal Committee) of Public Sector Banks set up by the Ministry of Finance in 2009-2010.
Dr. Rao’s overseas assignments included working as a consultant to UNESCO, Bangkok; USAID Indonesia for the Ministry of Health, Indonesia: NERDA, Malaysia; FAO Rome; and the Commonwealth Secretariat, London.
Dr. Rao’s consulting work is in the areas of designing and managing performance management and other HRD systems fororganizations in India and other Asian countries, covering over a hundred organizations.
His Leadership Development methodology, which was started in mid-eighties using with what later came to be known as 360 Degree Feedback in USA, and the HRD audit methodology leading to HRD Score Card 2500 were first of its kind HRD intervention in this part of the world.
Dr. Rao has authored or coauthored or edited over sixty books dealing with Organizational Behavior, HRD, Education Management, Health and Population Management, Entrepreneurship Development, etc.
EDUCATION, ACCREDETIATIONS &CERTIFICATIONS
- PhD in Psychology from Sardar Patel University
- PhD in Organizational Behavior from Sardar Patel University
- Organizational Development interventions
- Human Recourse Development advisor
- HRD Audit 2500 points
- Leadership Development
- Talent Development and Management
- Performance Management through
- 360 Degree Feedback and Assessment Development Centers
- Competency mapping and deployment
- Managers who make a difference
- Effective People
- Performance Management and Appraisal Systems: HR Tools for Global Competitiveness
- HRD Scorecard 2500
- 100 Managers in action
- HRD Missionary
- Organization Development: Accelerating Learning and Transformation
- Human Resources Development: Experiences, Interventions, Strategies
- 360 Degree Feedback and Performance Management System: v. 1: 2
- Life After 360 Degree Feedback and ADCs (Vol IV)
- HRD Audit: Evaluating the Human Resource Function for Business Improvement
- 360 Degree Feedback and Assessment & Development Centers
- Changing Teacher Behavior through Feedback
- Performance Management
- Nurturing Institutional Excellence: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Power of 360 Degree Feedback Maximizing Managerial and leadership Effectiveness
- Appraising and Developing Managerial Performance
- Nurturing institutional excellence Indian institute of management
- Hurconomics making the HRD missionary business drives
- Hurconomics Talent Management
- Training Instruments in HRD & OD
- Five Levels of HR Leaders and Managers
- HRD should be Lead Function and not merely a support function
- Preparing to get the best from your new job
- Competency Models could be Misleading and Mischievous
- Art and Science of Competency Mapping
- A new look at Performance Management Systems
- 360 Degree Feedback: What to expect from it?
- Impact of 360 degree feedback: a follow-up study of four organization
- TVRLS & 360 Degree Feedback in India
- How Seriously Should I take my 360?
- Enhancing ROI on 360 Feedback: Approaches to Coaching
- Life after 360 Degree Feedback and ADCs: Lessons for the Future
- Is past performance a good predictor of future potential?
- Are you Aware of your Intellectual Capital?
- 33 Years of Human Resources Development Function: A Balance Sheet
- Trends and Challenges of Developing Human Capital in India
- Factors Affecting Attrition and Strategies of retention
- From HRM to OSM: Rise and fall of HR
- Is HR a Profession, Occupation or a Pre-occupation of a few?
- Lifting up the HR Profession: Leadership and Execution Roles and Competencies for the Future